Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Background and Intentions

I've never read many blogs, but I figured my first post should tell anyone who is reading this a little about what is to follow. I'm not sure why I decided to start this, other than the fact that evidently it's not "socially acceptable" to start talking to a random stranger on the street about your thoughts and views. But that's kind of what I want to do. I enjoy thought-provoking conversation with smart people. And then, I had an epiphany. This beautiful, wonderful thing called.... the internet. This magical place is full of smart people, right? Or at least, an abundance of dumb people that spend a lot of time reading the ramblings of smart people. I don't really label myself as one of these smart people. But maybe I'll sound like one. And maybe this will be a complete and total, embarrassing fail. So that's why I'll be blogging anonymously. I will, however, tell you a tad bit about myself. My name is Beth. I'm an avid gum chewer. I despise legalism, but I'm not exactly liberal either. I guess I just don't like labels in general. I enjoy Daniel Tosh's sense of humor. I can argue for hours at a time without getting bored, but I can hardly sit through a 'shoot-em-up' scene in an action movie. And... Yeah. The idea for this blog as of right now is that I will pick an issue or subject, it can be anything, and write my opinion on it and why. Please remember, THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. So don't sue me or anything. And then if someone, somewhere is by some chance reading this, you get to express your opinion on this subject. Even if you don't agree with what I write. Actually, make that ESPECIALLY if you don't. I love to hear other peoples' views and as I mentioned earlier, I enjoy arguing. I like hearing things that make me think and question. So comment away! Dispute! Deny! That, my friends, is what I created this blog for.

No comments:

Post a Comment